Composition Shingles Roof Contractors
Get Your Free Composition Shingles
Roofing Proposal & Consultation
Composition Shingles Roofing Services
Your home's roof has a huge impact on how it looks and also on just how effectively it works to shield the inside from water and the rest of the weather. And composition shingles are still the most common type of shingle used today. At Next-Door Contractors, we think that the more information you have on your roof, the better. And that includes understanding the basics behind composition shingles. Knowing more about them can help ensure that you pick the right option for your home.
What Are Composition Shingles?
Composition shingles are the most common roof covering in the country. They are found on about 80% of all homes in the country, due to numerous reasons. They're also referred to as 'asphalt shingles' due to the materials used in their creation. Here are a few other basics about them:
- Each shingle has a strip with notches cut at even spaces, creating the look of three separate shingles when installed properly.
- Architectural or dimensional shingles are higher quality composition shingles with a thicker construction. They cast shadow lines that create a richer, more textured appearance on roofs.
- Composition shingles are coated with a layer of granules that protect the shingle from the elements. These granules can often resist fungus growth, stand up to the sunlight, and add color.
Benefits Of Composition Shingles
So why are composition shingles so commonly chosen to cover a home's roof in Austin, TX? There are plenty of benefits that stand out as important elements to consider, and things that help explain why they're so important. These include the following.
- A wide selection of colors to personalize a roof for your Austin home.
- Easier, quicker application. Our team of experts can cover a roof quickly with composition shingles.
- Durability. Today's composition shingles are designed to stand the test of time, with 20-year product guarantees being the norm and longer ones available on certain styles.
- They're also a more affordable option than things like metal roofs, and can give a home a great looking roof without breaking the bank.
- They are a better choice for many older homes with slightly uneven roofs, too. Metal roofing or shake shingles need a perfectly planed roof in order to be installed properly. Composition shingles are a bit more forgiving.
All in all, it's not hard to see why composition shingles are still the preferred choice of most homeowners, and why they remain the most popular choice in the country.
Getting Your Roof
At Next-Door Contractors, we work with the leading manufacturers of composition shingles to ensure that you get the best products for your money and the biggest selection. Our team will talk to you about your goals, budget, and your color preferences. Then we'll showcase the best shingles for your needs. Our roofing experts know that you can get overwhelmed with the options, and that's why we work to begin each project by discussing everything with you and making certain we get it just right.
Contact us today for your free estimate and consultation. Your perfect roof is waiting.Free Composition Shingles Roof Proposal
Monday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM